Both sides of IMT axle turn a full 28 degrees
Sep 1, 2004 12:00 PM
IMT Corp has designed a self-steering axle (SSA) that will turn a full 28° both sides. This axle will work well in all positions on three-, four-, and five- axle trailer applications. The new axle will be constructed in 77.5" track to suit dual-tire applications, and also in 84" track to suit all Super Single tires.
The new axles will also feature a work-hardening alloy in the contact areas of the centralizer mechanism. This will virtually eliminate wear on these components.
IMT will also continue to produce its full line of 20° SSAs. All SSAs will retain:
- Draw keys holding the kingpins firmly in place.
- Sealed bushings in the kingpin area.
- Pneumatic or spring-shock damper systems.
- Fully friction-welded lightweight construction.
- Choice of certified brake friction materials.
- Available “auto reverse lift” system.
- Available “load sensing centralizer/stabilizer” system.
- F22 (N) and F24 (P) bearing combinations.
- Special track widths and hub combinations.
- Drop center and “Camel Back” models.
For more details, contact IMT, 347 King St West, Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada N5C 3K6.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus