Driving Change at Ontario Trucking Association annual convention
Oct 1, 2003 12:00 PM
Set for Nov 12-14, 2003, the 77th annual convention of the Ontario Trucking Association will be at a new venue, the Toronto Congress Centre (650 Dixon Road), minutes away from Pearson International Airport. “Driving Change” is the theme of this year's convention.
Presented in a choice of four different “highway” groupings, 17 seminars will address issues in trucking:
Hwy #1 — External Forces
- Managing Load Brokers from Their Perspective
- What's Your Company Worth (Evaluating Your Business with Confidence)
- Family Business Succession
- The Latest Technology for Transportation Management
- Ask a Legal Expert ( a panel of seven lawyers will take questions)
Hwy #2 — Canada-US Trade
- The Canadian Dollar: Outlook & Strategies
- Canada-US Relations: The Mood in America
- Canada & US Pre-Notification Rules
- At the Bridges: Canada-US Border Crossing Developments
Hwy #3 — Managing Risk
- Security & Cargo Theft: An Insider Perspective
- The Next “SARS”: Is Your Company Prepared?
- Ontario Insurance Reform
- Protecting Your Corporate Image Under the Media Spotlight
Hwy #4 — Human Resources
- Driver Shortage by the Numbers
- WSIB & Disability Claims: Employee Return-to-Work Challenges
- Screening Your Drivers for What You Really Want
- Strategies for Recruiting and Retaining Drivers
An addition to the convention is the OTA Executive Forum, where some of Canada's trucking industry chief executive officers will share their strategies for success.
In conjunction with the convention, the Canadian Trucking Alliance has partnered with the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) to present a two-day conference and display for equipment, IT, and logistics professionals November 12-13 in Toronto.
For complete information, phone 416-249-7401 or visit OTA's web site at www.ontruck.org.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus