Goodyear wants truck driver hero nominations
Oct 2, 2006 11:58 AM
A North American search is on for unsung heroes of the highway, truck drivers who keep the nationís economy moving with daily commerce and who come to the rescue of fellow motorists, according to Goodyear, sponsor of the 24th annual North America Highway Hero program.
Nominations will be accepted through November 30, 2006. ďAs weíve seen in the past, you can either stop to help or continue on your way when you drive up to an accident. Itís a choice, a choice between helping someone in need and not wanting to get involved," said Steve McClellan, vice-president, Goodyear commercial tire systems. "Fortunately, most truck drivers do the right thing. They make our highways safer and keep our economy running. They are Americaís unsung heroes. And with the final deadline fast approaching, we donít want to leave any driver out of consideration. The Highway Hero program is for those who selflessly risk life and limb to come to the aid of fellow motorists. We believe honor should always be met with honor."
To be considered for this yearís award, the following criteria must be met:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
- Nominee must be a resident of the United States or Canada;
- Incident recognized must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
- Nomineeís truck at the time of the incident must have 14 wheels or more;
- Incident must have taken place between November 16, 2005, and November 15, 2006, to qualify.
Nomination forms and program details may be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at 330-796-8183. A nomination form also is available on the programís Web site at http://www.goodyear.com/truck/whatsnew/heroes.html
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus