Michelin announces X ONE conversion offer
May 1, 2005 12:00 PM
MICHELIN is giving fleets and owner operators yet another reason to switch from duals to Michelin X One wide single tires — a $400 incentive to convert their tractors or trailers to the company's wide single tires.
This is the industry's first wide single tire incentive aimed specifically at fleets and owner/operators currently running dual tire configurations, according to Michelin officials. The program was announced at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky.
“Michelin is offering a $400 conversion incentive to fleets and owner-operators to replace eight dual tires and wheels on a tractor or trailer with four Michelin X One tires and wheels,” said Marc Laferriere, vice-president of marketing, Michelin Americas Truck Tires.
“Nearly 100 years ago, Michelin created the concept of using a dual tire configuration on commercial trucks to help support the growing need to transport more cargo over the road. Today's Michelin X One wide single tire saves fuel and weight making it an attractive choice for those looking to increase their return on investment and bottom line. This incentive is yet another reason to make the switch to wide singles.”
Laferriere said that the Michelin X One Conversion Incentive is one of the Top 10 Reasons to convert an 18-wheeler to a 10-wheeler. The reasons include:
- Weight savings of 770 pounds per tractor/trailer combination
- Fuel savings of at least 4% (some fleets and owner/operators have reported higher savings-based on operation)
- Time savings — 10 tires to mount instead of 18
- Less maintenance — no inside dual to reach, fewer tires to check
- Happy drivers — superior handling, stability and traction and improved comfort
- Five different tread designs to match any application's specific needs
- X One ONCall 24-hour assistance and more than 600 points of sale to keep trucks moving
- Risk-free X One Total Satisfaction Guarantee
- $400 conversion incentive
- Increased bottom line and return on investment
Those interested in taking advantage of the $400 conversion incentive should visit their Michelin dealer or travel plaza to learn more about converting their 18-wheeler to a 10-wheeler with Michelin X One tires.
The Michelin X One Conversion Incentive must be applied toward the purchase of four Michelin X One tires and Alcoa wheels on mounted assemblies. The conversion incentive is intended for first-time Michelin X One tire buyers and is limited to 10 vehicles per fleet.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.