BTI’s BlackMaxx butterfly valve: stronger, tougher, lighter
Sep 25, 2012 3:25 PM
Bulk Tank Incorporated announces the launch of its BlackMaxx Butterfly Valve. According to BTI engineers, the new valve features a few industry firsts:
- Composite fiber body. Composite fiber is a material currently used in the aerospace and auto industry due to its strength and weight reduction characteristics.
- Industry’s first and only lifetime guarantee on the body, disc, and stem.
- Unique direct drive stem/disc configuration that allows maximum flow even with a ductile iron disc.
- Weight reduction of more than 50% compared to other valves on the market.
- Combination of O-rings instead of bushings that prevents the valve from seizing up.
“We’re really proud of the new BlackMaxx Valve,” says Ron Calvird, sales manager at BTI. “It’s far and away superior to anything on the market. It’s 100% American made, it’s tough, it’s strong, it’s lightweight, it has a lifetime guarantee, and we’ll meet or beat any price on any valve--domestic or import. Couple that with an AlloMaxx disc, and you’ll have a valve that’s half the weight of a standard aluminum body valve with stainless steel disc.”
AlloMaxx is BTI’s alternative to stainless steel discs. AlloMaxx is a strong, ultra-lightweight, alloy disc that is FDA compliant for foodgrade applications. This is BTI’s second butterfly valve announced within the year. Based on the aluminum bodied MaxxLife valve, the BlackMaxx has all the same internal features.
“We like to say ‘The best just got better,’” says Dave Sisk, president of BTI. “We knew MaxxLife was superior to anything else on the market, and now with the carbon fiber body of BlackMaxx, we have all the same features and benefits while being stronger and lighter. We knew it might be a hard sell to customers who have always used aluminum bodied valves, but we are so confident in the strength of BlackMaxx, we are offering the industry’s first and only lifetime guarantee on the disk, stem and body.”
100% American made, the new BlackMaxx is currently offered in a five-inch model but will be available in three-, four-, and six-inch sizes as well. Disc options include stainless steel, ductile iron, and AlloMaxx. According to company officials, AlloMaxx is the perfect alternative to heavy and costly stainless steel discs for food grade applications.
For more information, call 1-800-841-5524 (573-518-0600) or visit www.bulktankinc.com.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.