Trailer brake controllers sense braking effort
Jan 1, 2004 12:00 PM
Carlisle Industrial Brake & Friction has debuted a family of trailer brake controllers that delivers a new level of stopping power and control to the tow vehicle driver. The ElectraStar and HydraStar XL controllers are designed for electric and hydraulic trailer brake systems, respectively.
These new controllers have a patented microprocessor/accelerometer system that senses the amount of braking effort required and provides a smooth, safe stop. The Carlisle Command Center remote-control unit plugs into the tow vehicle's cigarette lighter (requiring no special wiring) and allows the driver to adjust for different tow vehicles, as well as assisting in troubleshooting.
Additional benefits of this technology include:
- Improves the safety of hauling any trailer.
- Standard tow vehicle electrical systems are sufficient to power Carlisle system (typical wiring systems are rated to 25 amps.
- Controllers are trailer-mounted and easy to install.
- Offers flexibility for shared trailers and rental fleets; simply move the plug-in Command Center.
- Trailer applications include hauling boats, RV/campers, horses, cars, construction and farm equipment
- Meets all DOT regulations and complies with CFR-393 federal braking requirements.
Contact Carlisle, 1031 E Hillside Dr, Bloomington IN 47401 for further information.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.